Health care industry in India has registered tremendous growth in recent years. The demand for quality healthcare is going to further increase with the increased awareness about health resulting in phenomenal growth of hospitals across the country.
The recent decision allowing the entry of private agencies in health insurance is an important step taken by the government to reach out to the vast majority of people who are without any insurance coverage. The corporate hospitals and other agencies will play an important role in the current scenario. Therefore, there is a need for a properly trained pool of hospital administrators who can design and deliver quality health services.
The primary objective of this Diploma course in Hospital Administration is to train medical and non-medical graduates to undertake a wider range of administrative and managerial responsibilities within hospital organizations. This will help the hospitals to be managed professionally and in turn deliver quality healthcare to the patients.
This course with its integrated inputs will help the student to gain strong conceptual and technical knowledge in various management concepts and improve his analytical capability to prepare him for the administrative functions.
Principles of Management:
- To prepare qualified and efficient administrators to manage hospitals.
- To train the candidate in various methods of administration of hospitals.
- To develop better systems for effective delivery of healthcare in hospitals.
- To train the candidate in developing better leadership skills.
- To train the candidate in understanding the concepts of organizational behavior and human resource management.
- To provide the necessary skills and knowledge for practical orientation and implementation of strategies with relation to modern hospitals.
- The aim of this module is to acquaint the students with the basic principles of management, organizational behavior, materials management and human resource management with reference to hospitals.
- This module helps the student understand clearly the role of economics in general and in context to hospitals and healthcare in specific. The module also explains the evolution and importance of health insurance.
- Course Content
The aim of this module is to acquaint the students with the basic principles of management, organizational behavior, materials management and human resource management with reference to hospitals.Health and Hospital Economics:
This module helps the student understand clearly the role of economics in general and in context to hospitals and healthcare in specific. The module also explains the evolution and importance of health insurance.Accounting for Hospitals:
The aim of this module is to provide an understanding of general principles of accounting, financial statements and analysis of financial statements and fundamentals of cost concepts.Marketing of Health Services:
This module deals with marketing of health services, the various marketing techniques and skills and marketing functions in organizations in general and hospitals in specific.Hospital Administration:
This module helps the student understand the basics of hospital organization, the use of computers in hospitals, communication in hospitals, change management, conflict resolution, time management, delegation and decision making.Hospital Function and Services:
This module explains the various functions and services utilized in the hospitals for patient care.Hospital Planning:
This module aims at helping the students in developing skills to plan and design different departments and services for various sizes of hospitals.Hospital Information System:
This module will help the students understand the basic concepts of HIS, its advantages, disadvantages, and application. The student is expected to learn the various tools and techniques of system analysis and design.Quality Assurance:
This module deals with principles, concepts and techniques of quality assurance in delivery of healthcare in hospitals.Hospital and Law:
This module deals with various legal aspects and ethical issues relevant to hospitals and healthcare delivery system.Medical Records:
This module deals with the evolution and function of the medical records department, importance of medical records, electronic medical records, coding and health information.